Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Monday, August 29, 2011

::5 Month update::Recap of Summer::Preview of Fall::

Josiah is 5 months and 1 1/2 weeks old, doesn't even seem possible!  He is now about 17 pounds and in 6-9 month clothing.  Yes, he is a HEALTHY lil boy!  He is sitting up better by himself now, not without the occasional tumble though.  He scoots around, not forward or backwards, but in circles!  Its quite fun to watch!  We can pretty much get him to smile on command & laugh when we try hard enough.  Siah has been "sleeping in" until 7-7:30 for a couple weeks now and boy has mama been savoring that extra hour of sleep!  We will probably start feeding him rice cereal this week, as I think he is ready for it.  I believe that is all the update on Josiah for now, enjoy a few pics from his 5 month photo shoot:


 Look at that face!


  We have really been enjoying our summer, its sad to see it end, but because my favorite season follows summer, its never too hard to say "goodbye".  We have had our fare share of weddings, lazy pool days, play dates with friends, birthdays, anniversaries, parties, backyard bbq's, small group fun, weekend getaways, boating, softball games, family days, fireworks, festivals, and well you get the picture: FUN, FUN, FUN!  Here are some pics from our weekend in Lake Geneva on the boat:

 What a little cutie in his life jacket!
 Taking it all in!
 Josiah absolutely loved being on the boat!
Our family of 3!


But I am definitely looking forward to fall and all that comes with it... especially FOOTBALL!  Yes, I'm a little obsessed.  Our Sunday afternoons/evenings and Monday nights consist of being lazy and watching football.  It might look a little different this season since we have a baby to care for, but if Josiah is at all like his mama, he will enjoy watching the games with us! (I hope!)  The list of reasons I love the autumn season goes on though:  Beautiful colors of the changing leaves, home cooked chili, sweatshirts, apple cider, apple cider donuts, fall decorations, pumpkins, visiting the apple orchard and pumpkin patch and cooler weather.  I'm also particularly excited about the start of fall because I am going to be participating in a woman's small group studying the Entrusted curriculum.  I have only heard phenomenal things about this study and raves and raves, so I'm pretty pumped.  I truly believe the LORD has blessed Dan and I with Josiah and has entrusted him to us to train him up in the way he should go (Prov. 22:6).  And one way to help me do that is to use the resources God has given us, which includes Entrusted.  I am looking forward to meeting other moms and to be encouraged in my faith.  Dan is also going to be joining a mens small group.  So that is a preview of our fall which will also include more birthdays, 3 more weddings, anniversaries, parties, and the list I'm sure will expand.  Until next time, asta!


   


No comments:

Post a Comment