Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Summertime round up

Summer came to a fast end I feel... and we still continue to be busy, busy, busy!  I wouldn't trade our crazy busy, fun-filled summer though for nothin!  We thouroughly enjoyed every minute of the 3 HOTTEST months on record (well, they were in my book! ; ), taking an airplane ride in June, July & August, hanging out at the ball diamond on Monday nights to cheer on Dada & the Harvest Mens softball team, going to a splash park a few times, which will be a must do every summer for sure!, celebrating birthdays & births, going to the annual Coon Creek Country Days in Hampshire (my hometown) & much, much more!  (I've already blogged about a lot of the summer) (Also, I'm having trouble uploading pics, bummmmmer!)

Blackberry Farm & Tehya's 3rd Birthday
On August 2nd Tehya turned 3!  Angie had just had Judah, so I offered to take Tehya to Blackberry farm with Siah & I, along with my Mom & Cameren.  It was a really fun day!  They got to ride the train, carrousel, & pony's multiple times.  The kiddos absolutely loved it & Tehya has been asking me every time I see her when we can go back : )

Splash Park
This summer we found a splash park in Glen Ellyn that is close & cheap, & really fun!  We were taking Josiah to the pool at the beginning of the summer, but mid way through he started to get really comfortable in the water & all he wanted to do was venture into the deep end & go under the water.  So needless to say, it was a lot of work for just me to take him to the pool anymore.  I was really happy when we found this splash park.  We went with Alison & Parker one day, & also with Dada.

Coon Creek Country Days
This is an annual tradition in my hometown of Hampshire, & therefore has been a tradition for my family since I was little.  Saturday night is always the fireworks, & let me tell ya, they are the BEST firework show around!  Unfortunately Josiah didn't care for the cracks, bangs & booms this year, so we left shortly after they began, I was bummed to miss out.  But, my son comes first!
Sunday is the parade on State St. & we always line up at the Bishops home (good family friends since forever & they live on State) & then party afterwards.  We all bring a dish to pass & enjoy a wonderful meal together.  Its always a fun weekend spent with family & friends!

Saddle Up Saloon
2 of my best girlfriends, Katie & Alison, have birthdays 5 days apart, so they decided to celebrate their 25th together... at Saddle Up Saloon.  It was a blast of a night line dancin to Footloose, Boot Scoot & Boogie & other fun country songs.  By the end of the night Alison was pretty good at the whole line dancin thing!  I love when we are all together & have something like birthdays to celebrate : )

That pretty much concludes our fun & exciteful summer!  Here's to fall, my favorite time of the year : )






No comments:

Post a Comment