Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Olympics 2012

I have always loved watching the olympics, both the summer & winter games.  I look forward to it in the weeks prior and watch as many events as I can.  But of course, I have my favorites which are the women's gymnastics, mens gymnastics (specifically the high bar & rings), all the swimming events & diving, & some of the volleyball & track & field.

It was so fun to watch the women's USA gymnastics team, the Fab 5, win gold this year!  What an incredible night of competition!  Seeing McKayla Maroney do amazing on vault & stick her landing, was so cool!  All those girls definitely brought their A game & came to win.  And then watching Gabby Douglas in the All Around exceed in all the events & win gold, was surreal!  She was so on that night & all the glory goes to God.  I love how vocal she is in her faith, saying "It's kind of a win-win situation, the glory goes up to God & the blessings come down on me."  If only we all could be a little more like Gabby!  Way to go girl!

Watching Michael Phelps make olympic history, winning a total of 22 olympic medals in his swimming career & 18 of them being gold , wow!  Was that amazing & inspiring.  It's because of him & other swimmers, like Missy Franklin, why I have come to love watching the sport.  I look forward to watching Missy in 4 years!

I also loved watching Kerri Walsh & Misty May go for their dream of 3 gold medals in beach volleyball & they sure did it!  More olympic history made by the Americans, so sweet!

Although he isn't American, it sure was cool to watch Usain Bolt, the fastest man in the world, win gold in 2 events.  He is so lightning speed fast, which makes his name very fitting : )

Last but not least, of course I was happy to see both the USA men & women basketball team win gold!  

I cannot wait for the winter olympics in less than 2 years!  I love watching the iceskating & snowboarding.

Overall USA medal count: 104
Gold medal count: 46

I think its safe to say, USA rocked the house!

Siah watching some of the closing ceremony

I am proud to be an American, God bless the USA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment