Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A time for 1st's

In the past couple weeks Josiah has had many 1st's.  First haircut, 1st airplane ride & drum roll please... 1st time saying "mama"!!!  Let me tell you about each of these...

1.  At 15 1/2 months old I gave Josiah his 1st haircut.  I think it's pretty cool that I was able to personally do this, being a hairstylist & all : )  Siah did so well & is such a cutie.  I was feeling a little sentimental & kept a lock of his fine baby hair for keepsake.





2.  First airplane ride.  In July we took a family vacation with my parents & brothers to Georgia to visit my Aunt & Uncle & cousins (this will be a separate post as well).  Josiah was so excited to ride on an airplane like the ones he always points to in the sky.  But to be honest, I don't think he really knew he was on an airplane once we were in the air.  Overall he did pretty good.  I'm just glad we were with my family, because we passed him back in forth between everyone & let him walk up & down the isle!




3.  And last but not least his 1st time saying "Mama".  It was quite special to say the least & melted my heart.  I have been waiting a long time for this day!  It was the last Friday in July & Alison & Parker were over.  We were playing in the living room & Al asked Siah to say mama, but he wouldn't, shocking ; ).  So she told Parker to go tell Siah to say it. 
Parkie: "Siah, say mama." 
Josiah: "MAMA"!!!  
I couldn't believe it!!  We have told him time & time again to say it, but I guess it just took his best buddy to tell him!  He then continued to say it over & over, & I just hugged & squeezed him & teared all up : )  It made my day, well actually my year!


No comments:

Post a Comment