Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A trip down South

I have been dying to write this post (but wanted to stay in chronological order of our eventful summer, of course, & I've been so behind)!  But, FINALLY, here we go!

We left on a Tuesday morning in July for our family vacation to Lizella, Georgia (1 1/2hrs south of Atlanta) to visit my Uncle Jeff & Aunt Beth & cousins, Nate, Sarah & Rachael.  They had just moved there (from Ohio) 6 weeks prior to our visit, so you can imagine our excitement to see them & their new  home!  I already mentioned in a previous post (A time for 1sts) that we flew down, which was of course Josiah's 1st time flying.  It was fun, a little stressful, but fun!  Again, I'm really glad we weren't traveling alone!  Once we got to their beautiful house & had the tour, we immediately got in our swimsuits... & this is why:



I know, right??!!  Incredible!  We basically lived in our suits in this pool, if we weren't at the lake on their jet ski or kayaks, all week long!  For dinner that night we ordered out Firehouse Subs, which I have been wanting to try for a while now back home, & wow, my sandwich was delicious!  A must try people!  After the "grown-ups" went to bed (hehe) (& Siah), the boys & I went to Wal-Mart to get a few groceries for the week & then stayed up way too late playing cards.  But, it was a lot of fun!

Wednesday we visited Major Jeff at the Airforce base where he works.  That was pretty cool!  I've always admired my uncle Jeff & was excited to see the base & tour the museum with him.  He even paid for us kids to ride the simulator where we flew with the Blue Angels!  



Wednesday night my mom, Aunt Beth & I stayed up talking.  I love when we get to do that & just have girl talk!  & then after they went to bed, I watched the boys put on a show going off the diving board, I love my bros & cousin, Nate!  They make me smile : ) & then at a little after midnight we all ran into Sarah's room to wish her a Happy Birthday!  She loved it : )

Thursday, July 12, was a special day, because it was Sarah's 17th birthday!  We pretty much spent all day in the pool again & then went out to dinner that night to celebrate.  When we got home we sang Happy Birthday! & she opened her gifts.  Then the guys started watching preliminary Olympic basketball & I think we ended up playing cards again that night.









Friday we hung out all day pool side again (I told you we lived in the pool!) & then when Major Jeff got home from work we packed up & headed to the lake.  Aunt Beth, Sean & Nate went out on the kayaks, and Rachael & Brandon rode the wave runner first.  Then Sean had a turn, my dad, & Dan.  While my mom, Uncle Jeff & Josiah hung out on the beach & played.  The sun was setting & Dan wanted to take me out on the jet ski.  He took me on a wild ride! : )  It was a lot of fun!  Once we got back the guys put on a movie & I somehow convinced my uncle to make popcorn in the theater like homemade popcorn machine : )  My absolute fave!  Family movie night was a blast!




Saturday we decided to let the boys go have fun on the lake- jet skiing, tubing, & kayaking, while us girls had a relaxing day at home... again by the pool.  That is when I got the majority of The Hunger Games read, I couldn't put it down!  My mom made yummy pasta & homemade bread for dinner & we hung out in the pool all night long.  And on our last night in Georgia, we got the whole family to play cards, that was sooo much fun!




Sunday morning Mom & Dad, Dan, Siah & I went back to the lake for one last run on the jet ski.  The water was like glass, so smooth & calm, it was a beautiful morning!  We roughed it up though & got the jet up to almost 70mph!  Dan loves doing donuts, & gave me another wild & crazy ride, sooo fun!  Siah even got out on it, only going idle speed, but I think he liked it!  Once we got back we did a clean sweep of the house, & while Josiah napped, had one more hour to relax pool side.  It was so hard to leave this place, can you imagine?! 




 We had an absolute blast all week long!  I love my family so much & we can't wait to go back!
Oh & I almost forgot to mention the litter of puppies!  My aunt breeds golden doodles & they are absolutely adorable!  We had a lot of fun playing with them, as did Siah!












No comments:

Post a Comment