Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

9 month update

Josiah is 9 months old, and I cannot believe my eyes!  He has grown so much and has learned so much in the past month, its incredible!  I am starting to plan his 1 yr. birthday party, and it reminds me of when he was born a friend of mine (who was planning her daughters 1 yr. b-day party) told me that in the blink of an eye I would be planning his & I didn't believe her.  But here we are, a blink later, & I am.  A million thoughts are going through my head as to where we should have it, what should be the theme, should I have a theme?, what should the menu be, so on & so forth.  Well, at this point, all I can tell you is this:  We are getting Josiah dedicated on March 18th (day after his 1st birthday) & having kind of a dual party that day.  So fun!
   So, as I mentioned, Josiah has learned a lot lately.  He has learned to stand up on his own & get down by himself too.  He now can do the regular crawl but will still do the army crawl as well.  He also learned how to point and the coolest thing is that, since we put up our nativity scene we show him baby Jesus every day and so when he is playing we will ask him where baby Jesus is and he will start looking for him.  Well, just today, I asked him where he was and Josiah crawled over to the manger, lifted his arm and pointed to it!  OMG!  It melted my heart!  Our baby boy at 9 months old is so smart!  Josiah will also smother us with kisses, which also melts my heart.  If you sing to him or turn music on he will start to move his body and shake his head like crazy, it is adorable!  He can also get on his soap box & just babble, babble & babble.  I LOVE it!  He still loves to walk with us by holding our hands, but now that we borrow his Nana & Papa's walker, he spends most of his time in there just walking all over the house & chasing the cat!  He loves the freedom!  He still takes good morning & afternoon naps for mama, which is great, and he is sleeping well through the night.  Fantastic!  
I think that is all the update I can give for now.  We will be going to the doctor the first week of January for his 9 month check-up, so I will have to update then with his stats.  But here are a few pics for your enjoyment! 


 His favorite thing to do!

 All smiles!

 Look at those beautiful blue eyes!

  Model baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment