Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Years Mission

As we anticipate the beginning of 2012, I always like to think about what I would like to accomplish in the new year.  Goals I may have, books I'd like to read, a word to meditate on the whole year through & work on in my life, so on & so forth.  I don't like to call it a "new years resolution" because typically people fail miserably at those, so I think of it more as a 'new years mission' (it may or may not be the same thing ; )

SPIRITUALLY
  I'm committing to read through the Bible chronologically again this year, & I'm super pumped because my husband has committed to do it with me.  We are excited for what the LORD is going to teach us & how He's going to grow our faith.  Wanna join us?  Simply go to this website for a pdf copy of a timeline to follow: http://www.esv.org/assets/pdfs/rp.chronological.pdf
  I'm still praying about a word the LORD would like me to meditate & work on this next year.  I will hopefully know soon!
  I would also like to memorize more scripture.

PERSONALLY
I love to read!  It's one of my favorite past times and with becoming a new mom this year, I didn't read as many books as I'd hoped.  So my goal is to read 10 books this next year and my list is:

  1. Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore
  2. Lost Boy by Greg Laurie
  3. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
  4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  5. William & Kate: A Royal Love Story by Christopher Andersen
  6. Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman
  7. Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  8. Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas
  9. Humility: True Greatness by C.J. Mahaney
  10. Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (re-read for the 3rd time!)
I hope to keep up with this blog too.  Monthly updates on Josiah, share what I'm learning in my relationship with the LORD, fun memories with family & friends, updates as I finish the above books, new recipes I make (because I've been making some new & very yummy ones recently!), and so on & so forth.   

PHYSICALLY
Dan & I have a LifeTime membership that we don't use as often as we should.  I would like to commit to going to the gym 2-3 times a week to get this body back into shape.  They have a great childcare program for Josiah, so I can have an hour or so to work out.  I need to take full advantage!


So here's to 2012, may it be a great year for you all!  Blessings <3 Kate





No comments:

Post a Comment