Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

5 Years Married

A little over a month ago Dan & I celebrated 5 years of marriage : )  I'd say that is a pretty big deal, don't you think?  Well if you read my previous post you know that we went all out in celebrating this years BIG anniversary & went to Jamaica.  It was glorious.  It was fantabulous.  It was perfecto.  & it went by in a flash!  We came home the day before our anniversary, so on June 16th we hung out with our son who we missed so terribly much.  We took him to the pool & then went to church that night to hear a great message from Pastor James.  After church we went to Claim Jumper for dinner, we hadn't been there in a while, so it was a great treat.  Later, we looked through our lovely wedding album & watched our wedding video of our amazing day.  I love reminiscing about the past... so here we go... come along with me to 5 years ago, June 16th, 2007...


The anticipation of our wedding day was at its peak as the day finally arrived!  I remember waking up super early with a few of my girlfriends because I was too excited to sleep.  We all went to the salon to get our hair done, came back to my parents house in Hampshire & got ready... after makeup was applied & my beautiful white dress put on, we took pictures outside.  It was a very hot, sunny, summer day, exactly what I had imagined!  The limo arrived & off we went to the chapel in Rolling Meadows.  As I walked down the isle & kept my eyes on my groom, I remember thinking wow, he is so incredibly handsome, I am one lucky girl : )  Our wedding ceremony was beautiful & I know God was glorified.  We took lots of pictures at the church & then at our reception site as well & had a blast doing it with our closest friends & family.  Its unbelievable how fast the day went, but I remember it like it was yesterday.  Dan & I tried our best to take moments during the day to sit back & really take it all in.  We couldn't believe we were husband & wife!  It was so surreal!  Our wedding reception was SO beautiful & SO fun, everything I ever dreamed it to be.  After an amazing dinner, toasts & a skit by our dads, we danced the night away with all our friends & family.  It was the funnest day of my life!!  I don't think anything could ever top it!


So thanks for going back to yesteryears with me!  Now here we are 5 years later, with a 16 month old son & enjoying life as a family of 3.  It doesn't come without its challenges of course, but with the Lord on our side, we can get through & do all things : )  I can honestly say I am more in love with my amazing husband today than I was on our wedding day, which is crazy to think, because I have been head over heals in love with Daniel David Haskell from the moment I met him 8 years ago : )





Here's to 50+ more years together, Sweetness!  You are my knight in shining armor, thank you for sweeping me off my feet!  I love you forever & always, & I am yours forever faithfully,

Katey  

No comments:

Post a Comment