Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Josiah 15 & 16 Month Update

Josiah continues to grow so big, so fast!  Well, of course he does, right?  That is what he is supposed to do, I know, but this fast?!  At his 15 month checkup a month ago, Siah weighed in at 24 lbs & was 32 inches tall.  So within 3 months he gained 4 pounds & grew an inch, wowzers!  & that means he is still very long & lean : )  

It seemed as though the moment he hit 15 months Josiah started a new stage... throwing tantrums.  Since this is really new to me, it's even a lil hard to write about.  Most all of my previous Josiah posts have been lovey dovey & bragging on how wonderful my baby is, so you can imagine my shock from this particular moment... I remember one day when Joei & the girls were over, we were looking through clothes & not giving the kids much attention.  After not getting his way &/or my attention, Josiah decided to throw himself on the floor & flop around, all the while screaming & crying.  He did this for a few minutes people.  I've heard the best way to overcome tantrums is to ignore it, so ignore we did.  Man o man, was that an eye opener into how sinful & selfish my son is, even at 15 months old.  A great reminder that we ALL are sinners in need of a Savior!  I tell you this so you know that being a parent is not always easy or fun.  But even after that moment, & others, like when I feel as though I have repeated myself over & over again saying "no, Josiah", & after a spank here & a spank there, being a mom is still so rewarding & a huge blessing that I embrace wholeheartedly.  I LOVE my lil rascal soooo much!

Josiah has also become quite the lil monkey!  Climbing on everything... the couch, chairs, piano bench, into his baby bouncer, etc.  I find him often on the couch just sitting there with the remote pointed to the tv trying to turn it on, its so cute!  His vocabulary continues to grow as well, every day it seems.  He calls water, "wa-wa" & Parker must think its pretty funny because he asks Josiah to say it all the time, lol!  He says "choo-choo", "up pwease" & "hi" & will wave too : )  Other big news is that we are phasing out the bottle, which has been hard to do.  So he only gets one at night now before bed, which he loves, & will drink milk out of a sippy during the day.  I hope by the time he is 18mo to be completely done with the bottle.  As these next few pictures show, instead of putting a phone to his ear to talk he puts it behind his head & will say "hi" or "bye", its sooo funny!






We have had such a fun summer so far & it only continues!  Josiah has been to the pool numerous times, the zoo, he took his first airplane ride (which I will blog about our trip to GA later), a 4th of July parade & fireworks, a festival & rode carnival rides, splash park, & many other fun play dates.  I'd say he is one lucky little boy : )  I will hopefully blog about all those at some point too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment