Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Day with my Bff

In my previous post I mentioned some of my bff's, except Alison.  Well, where do I begin?  We were destined to be besties.  Our husbands became best friends in college, before they even started dating us.  But, naturally when Dan & I started dating, we hung out with Ryan on a few different occasions, & I immediately got along with & loved Dan's outgoing, goofy, fun-loving, Sanquine personality, best friend. A few years later, Ryan & Alison started dating & although it took months to finally meet her, I did, at mine & Dan's wedding, & immediately loved her as well.  I remember thinking, wow, Ryan has met his perfect match : )  After that, we got together with them here & there when we could, since we lived a few hours a part.  The following year Ryan & Alison got married, & I'd say that is when our friendship really started to grow.  Al was still in school at UWP, but we managed to go see them there & they came to see us here.  & then when they told us eventually that they were moving to Naperville, 25 minutes from us, we were thrilled!  We were then inseparable!  I'm so thankful for our friendship with Ry guy & Ali girl : )  Well, I tell you all this because a) I wanted to brag about our best friends & b) because I thought it would be a good sag way into the reason for this post... of a day with my Bff, Alison...

Whenever we are together, we have a lot of fun!  And this particular, recent day, was just that, fun!  Her & Parker came over after school & hung out for the afternoon.  I had already put Josiah down for a nap, & after lunch Al put Parks down too.  We then made, for the 1st time & definitely not the last, Nutella iced coffee's!  Yes thats right, I said NUTELLA iced coffee's.  They were to die for!  & we sipped them while we soaked up some sun outside on the deck, it was perfect : )  Once our boys woke up, we walked to the park down the street to play, we were there for a while because they were having sooo much fun running around together!  Cuteness!  & of course Al & I just loved watching our son's bond & become best friends before our eyes.  We walked back to the house & made dinner, a yummy mexican pasta dish, & Angie & Tehya came over then too.  I loved having 2 of my bff's & their cutie kids over for dinner with Dan, Siah & I.  It was great!  Another girlfriend & her 3 year old daughter came over too after dinner & we had a blast playing with all the kiddos & had great conversations together as moms.  I'm so blessed to know these women!

What a fun day that was, one that will stick in my mind for ages to come (I hope!)

Thankful for best friends,
  Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment