Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Friday, May 11, 2012

Last night

Yesterday was a very fun, but very long day.  The garage sale we have been prepping for for a few weeks now started yesterday, & it was busy!  What a beautiful day to have a garage sale.  & what a beautiful day to go shop garage sales.  A few of my girlfriends met me there in the am to score some deals too, & boy did we!  I came away with a baby gate to block off our kitchen, a booster seat for when Siah outgrows the highchair, a little tikes basketball hoop (Oh ya!), a few lil boy clothing items, & 2 (1 for us & 1 for my mom) toy lawn mowers.  SUCCESS!  


Well after a few hours out & about & a sun burn later (ouch!), we took time out to play & then eat lunch.  I tried putting Siah down for a nap at my aunts but it being somewhat unfamiliar, he wouldn't have it.  So we went for a walk instead & while singing Jesus Loves Me over & over again, my active, never wants to sit still, lil boy finally fell asleep!  For 45 minutes.  & well 45 mins is never a long enough nap for that busy of a lil boy.  But he adjusted fine & just went on exploring like most lil boys like to do.  After we closed up shop for the day, we drove out to Hampshire, with Nana, to see Josiah's uncles & have dinner.  Again, Josiah couldn't get enough of play, play, play.  On our drive home he took a cat nap & then we played & played some more, squeezed in a bath & went to bed around 8:15pm.  I would have loved to put him to bed sooner since we had such a long, busy day, but Josiah is too smart for his britches some times & thinks now since its still light out at 7:30-8, he should be able to stay up longer.  Dan got home around 9:45 from a work dinner meeting & we went to bed shortly after.  


Okay, so I tell you all this so you know a little bit how I felt when Josiah woke up at 3am = )  I was exhausted, I was pooped, I was frustrated, I was sad, well you get the picture!  So I sat up with him for close to an hour rocking him, & it didn't take me long to realize how precious my son is all cuddled up in my arms on my lap & how blessed I am to be able to hold him & comfort him.  This doesn't happen very often anymore (where I get to hold him & rock him), so I knew I had to cherish the moment.  So cherish I did.  I started singing worship songs to my God, & thanking him for entrusting such a sweet lil boy to me.


But... after an hour I figured it was time to lay him back down in his crib.  Well... he didn't like that too much.  So for the first time in a LONG time, I brought our almost 14 month old into bed with us at 4:20 in the morning & we slept peacefully until 6:30am.  Now, no this is not my ideal night of sleep, but I am choosing to cherish it in my heart forever.  Because I know when my son is grown & living on his own I will remember last night & thank God for it once again!


I write this now as Josiah is taking a morning nap, which he never does anymore, but after a day & night like last, he sure did need it.  & I'm sipping my coffee & looking out the window at another beautiful day the LORD has made.  Let us rejoice & be glad in it!


Lovin mommy-hood,
  Kate  

No comments:

Post a Comment