Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

When Dan travels for work...

I fill up my week with play dates, coffee dates, sleepovers & family time!  Hey, I figure, why stay home alone all week & mope around missing my husband, when he's having fun going to baseball games & golfing, when I can have fun too! = )  So, this last time a few weeks ago was no different, fun I had!


Dan left early on Tuesday morning, as in 4:30am, before I even begin to think about waking up, early.  Josiah & I got our things together & drove out to Hampshire to spend the day with my mom, aka Nana, as well as sleepover.  It was loads of fun!  My parents bought Josiah a sandbox to put on their deck & so he got to enjoy that for the first time & loved it!  I stayed up way too late watching a movie with my bros, but since I don't get to do that anymore, I'm glad I did.  We even popped popcorn, something Dan & I don't very often do.


Wednesday morning Siah & I met up with one of my childhood bff's at her new apartment in Huntley.  I love her new place & the location, right behind her is a fun park that Josiah loved playing at!  She also made me some very yummy passion iced tea that I have to make sometime!  Later we came home for lunch & a nap before trecking down to Naperville to spend the night at one of my new bff's Jennifer, & her baby boy Owen & hubby, Jeremy's house.  Note to self:  DO NOT drive south on 59 at the 5 o'clock hour!  But I quickly forgot my 1 hr plus drive when she put dinner on the table... one of my faves... a baked mac n cheese with garlic bread, how did she know?!  Thanks hun!  After putting the boys down, Owen & Siah that is!, Jen & I put together a surprise sprinkle gift for our bestie, Angie.  We had A LOT of fun!  Again, I stayed up way too late, but it was sooo worth it, because not only did Jen & I have lots of laughs, but it included a whole half of a chocolate pie!  We may or may not have eaten the whole thing ; )


After waking up & feeding Josiah breakfast Thursday morning, we left Jen's & took back, country roads to one of my besties, Angie's place.  The drive reminded me of growing up in Hampshire & all the back roads we always took out there, sweet memories : )  Once we got there we loaded the kids up in Angie's car & we met up with Joei, another bff, & drove to a few garage sales in the area.  They weren't the best, but I did find a pair of shoes for Josiah for the fall.  & its always fun with this clan of girls & kiddos!  I then spent the afternoon at Joei's, & highlighted her hair while the kids napped.  She's a beautiful blonde bombshell, kinda like my twin ; )  Later we went over to the Knapp's for dinner & Lucas & Ryan watched all the kiddies while all us ladies- all 6 of us!!!, did our Excellent Wife study.  Thursday also turned into a late night when some of us stayed out talking around the camp fire, fun, fun times!  & I can't wait for many more of those nights alllll summer long!  Oh & I always enjoy staying at the Knapp Inn : )


Friday morning came & Angie had a brilliant idea to go to a donut shop in dt Oswego & a park nearby.  Well, let me tell you, I had the best donut EVER!  A glazed, white frosted, with a coconut crunch yummy goodness donut!  & a very good cup of coffee to top it off!  We also found out the woman who owns it is a Christian & the place they get the coffee from are Christians too & have a cafe in dt Yorkville!  Can't wait to check them out too!  We then went down to the park, & well, this is one of the BEST parks I've been to!  Josiah & Tehya had a lot of fun playing!  We went back to the house & had lunch & put Tehya & Josiah down for a nap, & Ang & I sat outside & soaked up some sun for a bit.  But... it was a 90 plus degree day so it didn't last long before we came inside.  I helped her with her sisters baby shower invitations & then got Josiah up to head home & see Dan!  


Unfortunately, I dropped the ball on this one & didn't arrive home until 30 minutes after he did.  Now you say, whats the big deal?  But, not only was he locked out of our house (didn't have a key), earlier in the week he had asked me to be home when got there, so of course I wanted to, but failed to keep track of time.  I've apologized many times, & he has forgivin me, but again, I'm so sorry babe!  I promise to do better next time, & have a home cooked meal waiting for you as well ; )  


So what a fun week we all had, even though we were separate.  But I truly do believe in  the old tale, absence makes the heart grow fonder!  Also wanna add that I love all these women of God that I got to spend quality time with this week, thank you for your generous hospitality!  : )



No comments:

Post a Comment