Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mama's Day 2012

Leading into Mothers Day, you know, MY day, without a minute of sleep was not my idea of 'fun'...  but being a mom means you sacrifice for the good of your child, & the night before mothers day I sacrificed sleep to comfort & cuddle my sick baby boy.  But being a mom is not just a sacrifice, it is sanctifying & satisfying & sooooo rewarding!  I wouldn't change my role as a mom to Josiah for anything in the world, & I mean that with all of my being.  So... when I knew Josiah was up for the day at 6:30am, Dan so graciously took care of him & played with him while I got a little shut eye, until 8:30am.  Wow, a whole 2 hrs of sleep, woo hoo!  LoL  Well, I adjusted my attitude, & we ended up having a very fun day!  We drove up to Rockford to my in-laws, & my parents & brothers came too.  It was a beautiful summer like day & we loved being outside watching Josiah run around the big yard, see the bunny rabbit, ride on the gator with Grandpa, & kick the ball.  We enjoyed cooking out on the grill & each others company.

I am so thankful for my Mom, for the way she raised me & taught me about the LORD.  I'm thankful for her sacrifice to home school my brothers & I.  I'm thankful for all the basketball games she drove me to & watched & all the games she came to once I was in college.  I'm so thankful for her godly insight & wonderful encouragement.  God gave me the best mom for me, He knew I needed her as my mom.  I pray I am half the woman, wife & mother she is, someday.

  

I'm also very thankful for my Mother-in-law, for her sweet spirit & her giving heart.  She is so kind & compassionate, & always thinking of us & our needs.  I thank God for blessing me with such a mother-in-law as her!



I pray I am the best mom I can be to Josiah.  I'm so thankful for that lil boy & love him so much it hurts.  I was joking around on mothers day saying it would just make my day if he said 'Mama'.  But he didn't, & hasn't yet, but I know he will someday, & it will make my day then.  Can't wait!  Mama loves you Josiah with all of my heart, you're the reason I get to celebrate Moms Day at all!  So thank you!  You're so special to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment