Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Psalm 103

I have been continuing my journey of reading through the Bible chronologically again this year & it has again been so instrumental to my faith & my walk with Christ.  Not to mention our new series at church, Authentic Jesus, as we go through the book of John verse by verse, I am falling more & more in love with Jesus my Savior.  The past few weeks I've been reading through the Psalms, & although they are all SO good, Psalm 103 is what I keep going back to & reading over & over again.  It starts by saying,
 "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul, & forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns
you with love & compassion..."
Just those words alone give me goosebumps.  I think of the song by Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord), & every time I hear it I have to stop what I'm doing & praise the LORD!  Does that ever happen to you?  There are so many reasons to worship our LORD Jesus- he forgives me of my sins & washes me white as snow, he has saved me from hell, he is HOLY & for all his goodness I will keep on singing!  The Psalm goes on to say in verse 8-
"The LORD is compassionate & gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.  
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him..."

I'm so thankful for God's amazing grace.  I'm so thankful that God is love.  I'm so thankful that even though I deserve death, he gives me life everlasting.  

Bless the LORD, O my soul, O my soul, worship his holy name.
Sing like never before, O my soul, I'll worship your holy name.
You're rich in love, & you're slow to anger.
Your name is great, & your heart is kind.
For all your goodness, I will keep on singing,
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.

Thank you Matt Redman for making this Psalm come to life for me.  Thank you LORD for all the reasons you are GOOD!  I bless your name FOREVER!  I LOVE you Jesus!  Praying you too fall more in love with the God of the universe as you read his word.

Princess of the King,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment